Sunday, August 12, 2012

choose your own title



It is interesting how people can completely change their minds over night. Only yesterday I was totally convinced that the best way to convey my thoughts is by writing a story, however today I cannot see the wisdom in doing so. How could it change in such short period of time? After a second thought, I finally seem to know what effected my decision; it is time.  No matter how short or how fast. Despite the number of things that can happen within, regardless how they seem the main affect on one's decision, it is time itself that has the major affect. Only yesterday I felt happy about something but today I do not feel the same anymore. What is the point of writing a story everybody knows and been written in a hundred different ways. And so I have decided to expose my thoughts naked instead of suiting them up with disguise. I was going to write about a group of people who lived in another place and time, long time ago, very long that it was ok to bury your own newborn baby alive if it was a female, it was very long that if gays were spotted, they were set on fire for being different. It was the time when a man could kill someone for revenge and be praised. Morals! Of course they had their share of them; the kind which were limited to their simple environment and naive understanding of life, right and wrong were only based on one's beliefs and perspective rather than the greater good. In fact, they lived a harsh life with no hope or future ahead. Until a greedy and brave man stood out. Now we can think about his bravery but that would not be as interesting as thinking about his greed. He gave them false hope along with a ridiculous set of rules that only a child with a blank mind would observe. Now the funny thing is that until now I'm not sure if he himself believed in that hope. Any ways and out of despair, they did. Because of that and after all this time, they are still paying the price…    

No comments:

Post a Comment