Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The finest day

When my finest day comes I'm waiting, when my heart stops loving, hurting and hating. The day that everyone is sharing, and all the sorrow's fading. When everything looks the same because no one is caring, and the sun, the moon, the stars are all staring.
Please don't tell me you are far away or you have lost your way. Don't let my smile fool you or all the fake attitudes deceive you.
Is it my youth what prevents you, because I am older. Is it my health, because I am sicker or is it my strength, because believe me I am weaker.
If you accuse me of being a child, who can't wait for Christmas, guilty your honor and I even put the lights on the tree. Oh when my finest day comes I'm waiting.
Farewell, with tears of happiness playing on my cheeks. Farewell, with closed eyes refusing to peek. Farewell life, it's time for death to complete.

2 comments:

  1. nicely written, It very much felt like a poem to me despite the fact you hadn't separated the lines, that could easily drive a reader out of the scene, especially for beginner poetry tasters.
    ----
    When my finest day comes,
    I'm waiting ...
    When my heart stops loving,
    hurting and hating ...
    (see what I mean ?)
    ----
    again nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have u in my blog, and thanks for the note it means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete