Sunday, July 12, 2009

Inside a Mind

Inside a Mind



Hardly, I woke up that day with an exhausted mind. I was late for work and I wondered why the alarm didn't wake me up! Quickly, I washed my face and headed to the car. The sun was burning and the dust almost prevented me from seeing the sky. There were tens of dead pigeons everywhere, and trash was covering the street. I stood in a shock till' I felt the burning sun and dust eating my face, so I entered my car and drove; I knew that there was something wrong, what a silence! I just hoped to see anybody around, but non." Am I dead? Is this the judgment Day! If there is any!" as I was buried under my thoughts the fear Infiltrated to my soul. When I approached the first traffic light on my way, I saw a black man whose face was covered with dirt and dust. His lips were very dry and the sun was burning him up. I freaked out; "the poor man, what has he done in his life! What sin could lead him to such atonement! I wondered what could be mine; what have I done in my empty life! All those sins blinded my vision. I knew in my heart that the second traffic light will be my stop; my empty life will be ended forever. I slowed down as I didn’t want to reach it, but unfortunately I did. I stopped and kept looking around with terror. Suddenly, I heard a loud scaring noise from behind. I closed my eyes and my heart almost stopped beating; the loud was getting closer and closer till' the silence showed up again. I looked to the right to see a fancy car with a very ugly driver; however, he was like a relief. I smiled for him hoping to have a smile back, but that never happened, he looked down on me as if I'm a disgusting creature and continued his way. I followed him as I had to be with anybody in that cursed day. While I was following the man and approaching the last traffic light before my work, the dust was fading away. I could see the sky vividly, and a few cars too. When I stopped, I saw bored unhappy faces waiting for the green light. Then I realized I'm not dead, this is simply life! This is just our miserable daily life.


The end

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice, i liked the idea of puting the fact of everyday life in this form .. what is so lovely about it is that it is so real ..everyday we wake up and expect to see something that reminds us of being alive we face the opposite, people with no feelings, deadly sielnce, and that material sense of living.
    good job mashallah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx a lot, glad u liked it :]

    ReplyDelete